Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Crazy or Disciplined or Obsessed?

This morning the alarm rang at 2:30 a.m..  I stumbled out of my nice, soft, warm bed, leaving my two loudly snoring (yes, this is true) dogs and sound asleep wife.  I peeked out the window and saw torrents of rain pelting the street.

I argued with myself for what seemed like five minutes.  On mornings like this, your brain can come up with all sorts of excellent reasons to "Just Say No" and hop back into the warm blanket nest and pull the covers back over your head.  Mine ran through at least 12 plausible ones. 

The devil on your right shoulder says...



"You will catch a cold! Gramma R always told you not to go out with a wet head!"

"The sidewalks are slippery.  You will get injured out there."

"You feel over-trained.  A day off would be good for you."

"You need to get some sleep, you need to be sharp today...lots going on at work."



Blah, blah, blah....nothing good going on in your head as you watch it rain at 2:30 in the morning.


However, I did what I do 99 out of 100 times.  I strapped on my music player, threw my shoes on and headed out into the rain. 

Obsessed?  Crazy?  Disciplined?  Not sure...

I am glad I won the battle this morning.  It was a good 8 mile run!

E

No comments:

Post a Comment