Monday, December 28, 2009

The Decision!

Simply stated, I have decided to run across the country in the summer of 2011.

I make this decision of my own free will, of clear mind and all of that.  Frankly, I have been toying with the idea for a while.  In a recent moment of keen clarity or perhaps after too much holiday punch I finally made the decision.

This blog is one of my back out prevention items.  I figure if I ever get the idea to say "Screw it!, what a dumb idea!" the fact that I put the decision out for everyone I know to read and see that I will be shamed into completing the goal!

A logical question most of you would ask would be "Why in the hell would you want to do that?"

My lame answer is because I think it would be a cool accomplishment: One that would be a real test of myself. One that would be fun to plan, talk about and execute. One that I can look back on from my rocking chair (probably when I am 60....with titanium knees and hips) and say, back in "ought eleven", I ran across the U.S....hopefully, to the BORED ears and rolling eyes (there he goes again they will say) of grandkids.

Some folks may be thinking...ahh, Ed is 45 or so...must be a mid life crisis thing. Nope.  Never even crossed my mind. However, I do think that if I am 60 and try this, the outcome has a higher chance of not being as good as if I try to do it in my forties. So, in one sense, I do hear the ticking of a clock.

To the best of my research, there have been only 200 or so people since the age of keeping track that have accomplished this.  200 other slightly bent people strapped on tennis shoes (except for the one guy who did it bare foot) and ran across the US. I think it would be awesome to say I did something that in the entire history of the planet only 200 other people have accomplished.

My wife, who will read this after I let her know in the next couple of days, will first probably be dialing some crazy person hotline....but will settle down in her usual way to figure out how to help me accomplish this feat. She is great at planning and will give it 100% support...and yelling at me for being such a selfish jerk simultaneously.

Many of the people who have done this have done so to call attention to charitable causes. I have not decided if I am going to go that route. If I do throw my efforts behind a cause, I want to do that full throttle and am not sure I feel comfortable with that at the moment.

What I do know is that this is going to be a cool experiment. I am going to assemble the best of the best team of advisors on this that I can. Including people who have done the run previously, people who have attempted it and failed, a doctor or two, a trainer, a few equipment companies who may want to use me as a guinea pig for new technologies and maybe a few other folks as I think of them. My hope is that I get to meet some awesome people and get some free great advice that I can use.

This blog will detail my training, my experience in planning and ultimately my actual run.

I hope you read this and find it interesting, inspiring and entertaining!

1 comment:

  1. International Journal оf Peptdes іs гeally a peer reviewed,
    open-access journal that publishes original гesearch content ɑlߋng ԝith assessment
    articles in all aгeas of peptide rеsearch. The separating linee reaches аbout 50 proteins.

    Proteins possess a wide variety oof programs іn drugs aand biotechnology.
    Cojpounds Һaving molecular weights ѡhich range
    fгom thousands of tο manhy milliߋn daltons (N) ɑrе called polypeptides.


    Α principle in developing soluble proteins іs
    to ensure thɑt OΝΕ out of eah and eνery 5 proteins
    is billed. Thewse peptides ϲontain alternating
    aromatic and standard deposits and therefοre are аble tߋ
    uniquely targeted thee insde membrane ߋf mitochondria; additionally, tҺese small-peptide antioxidants are
    consideredd to penetrate cells іn an energy-separate ɑnd
    neo-saturable mannerr with no neеd for peptide transporter.
    Ƭhey ɑre frequently putt thrοugh proteolysis tօ generate
    the older variety. Compounds tiny еnough to bee synthesized fгom the constituent amiino acids аre, ƅy meeting,
    termed peptides in рlace of protein. [1] Μost proteins eҳcept
    cyclic peptides possess a D-final and D-critical remains аt thе conclusion of tɦe peptide
    (аs demonstrated for tɦe tetrapeptide ѡithin the photograph).

    Extreme Peptides
    Τhe consequence οf diffеrent colors on theіr biological habits ѡas
    examined. Oligopeptides possess 10 ߋr fewer proteins.
    Peptides ɑгe split intο numerous courses, ɑccording to
    how they are made:

    Tԝo naturally-occurring milk peptides аге shaped from your milk proteins casein wҺеn intestinal enzymes break
    tɦis doѡn; they're able to additionally happen fгom tɦe proteinases established
    ƅy lactobacilli tҺrough the fermentation ߋf dairy.

    Totally manufactured personalized libraries tɦat help higҺ throughput
    screening assays tօ map epitopes or recognize immunogenic
    sites іn meats. Aboսt 140 peptide medications aге іn medical trials and over 500 ɦave bеen in pre clinical advancement.


    , "ingested", produced fгom , "to digest") ɑre ѕmall organizations оf amino acid monomers linked bү peptide
    (amide) bonds. [4]
    reviva peptides and more reviews
    A peptide ϲаn Ƅe a chemical compound comprising tԝo or
    more amino acids (amino acid polymers) ԝhich migɦt be paired
    with a peptide bond. Two-step method օf precise analysis advancement аnd oνerall quantitation Ƅy picked еffect overseeing (SRM) inside ɑ handled
    budget. You will fіnd sixty fda-approved peptide medications ɑvailable іn the market.
    We hɑve intended a series ߋf fluorescently-labeled brief proteins and hаve examined tɦeir
    ability tо corp-localize աith mitochondria.


    Ҭhe covalent compound ties ɑrе created oncе the carboxyl ցroup of one amino acid reacts togetheг with tɦe amino-ցroup of anothеr.

    Ιf this cannot be achieved, neҳt

    ReplyDelete