Sunday, March 7, 2010

Long day yesterday!

Saturdays are my big running day of the week.  Yesterday, I was on the road for about 6 hours and 30 minutes, leaving the house at 6:15 a.m.  and shuffling in around 12:45 p.m..  I was not totally happy with my day as I stopped short of 50 miles with nasty leg cramps and had to settle for around 43 miles.  I went out way too fast...I did 13 miles in about 1:34...even with 4-5 lbs of gear strapped to me. 

Cramps usually mean I have not have been drinking enough or eating enough of the right stuff.  Or, maybe, just maybe running 43 miles at age 46 brings them on : )  .   I am not sure.  Either way, I ran out of time due to some other commitments and had to settle for 43.  The last few miles, I wish I had one of these...It was pretty ugly...hard to even call it running.



Today, I woke up and felt good enough to put in another 8...so not a bad weekend of work.

I picked up a new Camelbak hydration unit as my last one finally wore out. 


If you do any hiking, running or biking in unfamiliar territory, these things are the bomb!  Be sure to keep it adjusted right...Yesterday, I ended up with a nice abrasion on my back because of not keeping it adjusted well. 

I am shooting for a 100 mile week.  Have a great one yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment