Friday, January 14, 2011

Going into a three day training weekend...

Martin Luther King Holiday Weekend! 

Not getting too philosophical, but I am glad for us as American's that we take a day to recognize the sacrifices of people who have made this country the great place it is.  Whether they are Veterans, Presidents or people like MLK Jr., this place was built on sweat, blood and sacrifice.  I, for one, think this is a great holiday!

My MLK Jr. holiday weekend will be spent conducting my biggest run test to date!   My plan is to run 35-40 miles each of the three days.   I want to put my body to a test that nearly simulates the real deal.  My real run is just around the bend. 

Previous back to back 30-35 mile days were pretty easy for me, so loading up the third day will be a good test.

I had originally signed up for the 24 hour SV Endurance Run.  The SV run is a 2 mile loop timed run that starts at 10 a.m. tomorrow and goes through 10 a.m. Sunday.  After thinking about it, I decided that putting my year's worth plus of training for RAA in jeopardy by running 24 hours straight was just plain dumb.   The idea was fueled by testosterone and ego versus smart training.  There will be plenty of time after RAA to see what I can do in 24 hours.  It is more important to push myself, but stay healthy!  So, I am bagging the 24 hour race.

I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment