Thursday, February 17, 2011

5 Days Til Departure...11 days until run start...

This morning I was greeted with news that someone had donated $1,000 to FINF in conjunction with my run.  Man, I know who you are and I can honestly say you have been one of the top five most influential people in my life thus far.  I would not be in a position mentally or professionally to pull this off without our paths crossing the last 20 years.  Wth respect, thanks dude.

I also got my final gadget for the run yesterday.  The Ironman Timex World Trainer...
This little bit of electronic wizardy tracks everything.  Speed, altitude descent/climb, heart rate, lack of speed, earth rotational pull, Lyndsay Lohan rehab days, the Federal budget deficit, Brett Favre retirements, Jersey Shore smooshes and other important gotta have data.  

Now, if I can only figure out how to make it work.

I took this morning off of training.  I looked at my training calendar and realized it had been like 16 or 17 days since the last rest and that I had ran 20 of the last 21 days in a row.   I will grab a quick 8 at lunch today.

For those of you in Charleston, the Post and Courier will have an article about my run on the 22nd in the health section.

Feeling the weight of this...in a good way!

No comments:

Post a Comment