Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 3 quick Recap

Tough day today.

The morning started great. Cool weather greeted my first 20 miles and I made decent time. As the day aged, the sun picked up, the wind picked up and the rolling Georgia hills only seemed to go up!

We had little interaction with anyone. The area is sparsely populated...we saw more dogs than people.

We did have one amazing encounter outside of Millen. Bill was flagged down by 91 year old Roy Godbee. Roy saw our sign and car sporting American flags and wanted to know what we were up to. Roy walked away with a RAA t-shirt after writing Freedom is Not Free a check.

I have a couple of blisters on my right foot...otherwise, I am doing great. Hopefully Day 4 does not beat me up as badly as today.

Pics and videos of today will be posted when I get a better connection!

6 comments:

  1. Can I only follow your blog through the RSS feed?

    Are you going to cross paths with Dean Karnazes? He started in SF, CA, and is headed east. That would be pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ed,
    Good to get through the tough days. They will make the days of great weather that much easier! Good job. Take care of the blisters and I hope you are doing well so far on today's run!!!

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep it up Ed. You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dave and I have been constantly watching your progress each day. It's exhausting, quite frankly. I'm not sure that we are going to have the endurance to keep this kind of vigilance up! You should be fine though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe I should have created elevation profiles for the entire run! Bandage those blisters good.

    ReplyDelete