Monday, March 15, 2010

A serious week...

I am glad to be back in California!  Though I love visting New York City with its nice restuarants, museums and Broadway shows, I have to say hooray (!!!!)  for 65 degrees and sun! 

I did not get much training in during the four days I was in the Big Apple.  It rained cats, dogs, cows, horses and bulldozers.  In case you missed the news over the weekend, the wind ripped through NYC at speeds up to 70 m.p.h. and dumped a lot of rain.  Here is an article if you are interested (Link to weather article)

This week I am going to make up for the lost time and try again to hit the 100 mile mark in 6 days.  I figure on 10-12 miles per day during the week and then ripping out a big run on Saturday!

Today, my lovely wife and I are starting this 21 day diet thing where we eat no processed foods, no added sugar, no meat, no glutens, no caffiene and no alcohol.  The caffiene thing is what both of us are bug eyed about.  Both of us love our brown bean juice and worried that this may be the hardest part of the diet.  We figure by Wednesday, 911 operators will be dispatching folks to our condo as we will probably turn on each other in a lack of caffiene induced rage. 

21 days without coffee...YIKES!  I am asking my bride of four years to lock up the Taser she carries when she walks the dogs.  I am worried she may get some funny ideas....zzzzzzt!

I am also figured out where I will get enough protein and carbs down my throat to fuel my running as well. 

I will let you know how it goes.,.unless I am in jail or worse. 

E

No comments:

Post a Comment