Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Running safer....

Midweek update.  I have put in 10 miles per day so far this week.  Out at 4:00 and back by 5:15 a.m..  I consider this a perfect start to the day!  I am still shooting for 100 miles this week.  In perspective, I need to 3-4X this per week on my journey next year.  Ouch!  : )

A quick word for those who do run or cycle or hike solo...or for those who care about someone who does.

A few years ago, my wife bought me a "RoadID" bracelet.  She was worried about me as I was doing a lot running at night, riding on country roads and swimming in lakes and oceans...usually solo.




This fashionable little bracelet has all of the information anyone could need in the event you have a spill, get struck by a car, forget who you are after 12 hours on the run or are otherwise incapacitated. 

I have been using RoadId products ever since.  They have tabs you can stick on your cycling shoes, a wet suit, running shoes as well as the bracelet.  After being hit by a car a few years ago on my bike, I would not get out on the road without one anymore! 

If I had young kids again, I would probably strap one of the tabs to the shoes.  My most clever wife probably just figured she would get me started on these when I was young.  When I am 90 and need an id tag strapped to me to help me remember who I am, I will be used to the idea and won't put up a fight.

I don't get paid to rep for these guys...but if you want to order one for someone, here is the website



Have a great rest of the week!

E

No comments:

Post a Comment