Thursday, June 3, 2010

Lazy! Lazy! Lazy!

I confess!

I had a lazy spell the last two days. It was not that I did not want to get out and run, bike or swim...it is just that the warm blankets, morning coffee with the wife, snuggling dogs and slightly sore muscles from my 76 mile 3 day session won the daily morning argument. I felt guilty...honest...for a little bit. I did get out this morning for 10 miles. It was fast and felt strong. So, I think the two days off did me some good.

I have been contemplating a couple of ideas around the actual run.

First, I am still wrestling with associating a charity purpose to the run. I have a few causes that interest me enough to associate with the run in hopes of raising some money. (Veteran's causes, childhood obesity and animal rescue for example.)

Secondly, a number of people have asked me if I am seeking sponsorships of some sort for the run. There are a several endurance running products that I feel good enough about to advertise for...even if they are just helping me with stuff at cost. Sponsorship would help with the adventure costs, which I am estimating at about $18,000-$20,000 for the 45 days.

Finally, a few people have mentioned that people would be interested in the overall story and wondered if I am doing any sort of press related work. (I even had an offer from someone to help me out on that accord.) I am not sure I am up for that. It seems a little too ego driven for me but I continue to think about it.

I need to get to answers to these questions in the next month or two...

Be safe out there!!!

E

No comments:

Post a Comment