Saturday, August 21, 2010

Desperate times call for desperate measures...

After enduring another week of serious pain in my back and IT band and now being only a week away from the big race, I was feeling worried that my race was not going to be much fun. 

JT, the wonder trainer,(as mentioned in previous blogs) spent a few hours the last week or two trying to pull, stretch and bend me into something resembling a normal human...mostly unsuccessfully.  Two by fours have more flexibility than I do.

After yesterday's session, JT said it was now time to pull out the big guns.  She got me hooked up with an accupuncturist she knows,  I was so happy that I was able to get in to see her this morning.  (Shout out to Anna G!   Anna's Website )  I have never had accupuncture before, but I have to say I am now a fan.  After getting about 20 needles poked into my hands, back, feet and neck I am fully mobile, pain free and ready to race!  Anna thanks! 


I now literally feel like the guy in the movie who tosses his crutches to the ground and declares "It's a miracle!  I can walk!"  Instead, for me....."It's a miracle...I can race!"

I am ready for the race.  I did a mini triathlon at the gym this morning...swimming a 1,000 meters, biking 7 miles and running 3 miles.  All systems working and in shape!

Have a great week!

E

1 comment:

  1. We're believers too. After Bill's double knee replacement surgery and after reaching his limit with morphine to alleviate the pain (which did nothing for him but made him hallucinate), Bill resorted to acupuncture...that night he slep like a baby and was pain free and able to resume his therapy.

    ReplyDelete