Thursday, September 30, 2010

209 Crossers

I went back to a web site that tracks folks who have run across the US last night.  I wanted to see the latest statistics on how many folks have been crazy enough and motivated enough to make the "jog". 

Since 1909, unofficially 209 people out of about 235 attempts or something like that.  That is a pretty small club!  I am sure there were a few or more that were undocumented crossings, but still 209 is a pretty small number. 

For the month of September, even taking off the first 8 days or so, I worked myself up to 271 training miles.  This training level is exactly where I wanted to be.  About a 11.5 miles a day average.  In October, the distance cranks up to 400 for the month or about 13 miles a day.  I figure if I can get myself up to 20 miles a day by January, I will be run ready. 

This weekend, I am going to do a 50 miler on Saturday and follow it up with a 20 miler on Sunday.  The total being just short of three marathons...in two days. 



Also, I fought the urge for a long time, but finally signed up for a Twitter account.  I have been looking at ways I can broadcast real time out during the run as I trapse through East Doughnutville, Arkansas or other remarkable places.  Twitter seems to be the best way to do that.  If you have a Twitter account, click Follow Me to the right.  I promise not to hit you with inane babblings like "Just ate pancakes."  or  "My paper is on the steps."

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment