Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 14: Ankle...again...

We got an early start to the day today.  It was dark and the alarm clock that wakes up the roosters had not yet gone off! 





After a couple of hours, I had to pull to the side again. My ankle had swelled bigger than it had before. 12.2 miles in. My ankle is actually below the lump you see.  The swelling is up on my shin about 2 inches from where your foot flexes.



My lovely wife and in laws rightly chastised me. The doctor had told me not run on Friday. What do I do? Run back to back 50 mile days Saturday and Sunday. So, now I have to pay the piper.

I am likely going to shift my strategy and shift to 35 mile days for a while. This will hopefully allow me to regroup and repair.



I am not stopping this run, but I need to change my approach.

E

2 comments:

  1. Ed,
    Let it heal and keep rollin'. I think if you ran almost 50 the day before with no issues, you might consider a long day/short day scenario?
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ed
    Let it heal and keep rollin'. Is it worth trying to enjoy the countryside or pick a better location to rest and then resume? Would you consider keeping the blog up? Others still may want to contribute to the cause regardless of you continuing or not. My best to all 6 of you.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete