Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Mid Week Catch Up

Over the weekend, I ran 24 miles on Friday and 26 miles on Sunday.  I felt awesome.  I had to mentally force myself to take Monday as a recovery day.  I literally felt solid enough to go out and do another marathon distance run.  I felt that good after spacing roughly two full marathons 48 hours apart.  It made me wonder if my 18 month training plan is too long? 

Maybe, I can crank up the miles fast enough and safely enough to make it a 12 month training plan?  We will see how the months go.  Today, I hit the stationary bike at 2:30 a.m....I forgot to mention that even as I am cranking up the training for the run that I am preparing for Ironman Louisville (Click Here) in August. 

In addition to Judy the Trainer, I have secured assistance from Dr. Dave to help me with medical questions that may come up during my journey.  Dr. Dave runs a conceirge medical practice in Charleston, South Carolina (Click Here).  He knows his stuff and treats people like people.  He and his wife Stacey are cool and smart folks who I have known for a while.  They are making noises about doing a bit of the run with me...which would be cool!

I have a few more folks to get on the team.  I want to make sure I get a team of smarter folks than I to keep me on the road!

Tomorrow?  A half marathon at 2:30 in the morning!  Yawning already.

I am going to post my training plan in the coming days.

E



No comments:

Post a Comment