Sunday, March 21, 2010

40 Miles, 6 hours and some perspective...

Okay, so I laid around in bed an extra hour yesterday and did not get the seven hours in that I originally planned.  No big deal!  I did have a fabulous run even if it was an hour shorter than I had planned.

The weather was perfect.  I did 40 miles in about six hours, which included 15-20 minutes or so of breaks.  I felt great at the end and had plenty of gas left in the tank.  It gave me a lot of confidence. 

As I was running home from Tiburon, I came across a middle aged looking guy in an electric wheel chair.  It hit me like a ton of bricks how darn lucky I am to be able to walk, let alone decide to run across the country.  I wondered what the man was thinking as he saw me in my running gear, back pack and what-not.  After seeing this guy on the trail, I did not think about how much I ached the rest of the run. 


344 days to go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment